2012-05-29

Back when I was a school kid...

......I used to think, that mangoes were seedless.


It was when I was 12 or 13 (Nope! I was 6 or 7, my 1st or 2nd year in primary school. Confused.), a question from my textbook asking 'Which of the following fruit have the biggest seeds?' I don't remember all of the options, but Mango and Watermelon were definitely in the list.

That was a tough one for me, so tough I couldn't figure it out by myself. I needed assistance from my parents.

I couldn't believe my ears when they gave me the answer - Mango. 'You kidding? I thought mangoes were seedless!'

One could easily imagine their responses - they were rolling on the floor laughing, literally.

Even now I don't think I did a wrong thing. A wrong answer maybe, a lack of common sense maybe, but I had done nothing wrong. I mean, I said what I thought was right, I hadn't seen any 'Mango Seeds' on my plate. 'Does it exist?' 'How does it look like?' I wondered.

They were processed behind the scene. My mom always diced the flesh, and then ate up the residues attached to the seed, right beside the sink.

But, as a young kid who never got any access to kitchen, how could I know that?

Since then, as it was too ridiculous and too impressive, every single time when we ate mangoes together, they wouldn't stop mocking at me - that's probably the reason why I hate mangoes so much, even though they're so tasty.

Think about this, dear mom and dad. While it seems to be a shame of me, WHO do you think should be responsible for my innocent?

沒有留言:

張貼留言